Many of Exeter’s businesses are coming up with innovative ways to continue to operate in these uncertain times. Some are offering home deliveries, some have adapted opening hours and increased health and safety procedures and others are open as usual and needing your support. See below an overview of some business changes, which will get updated regularly;
FOOD & DRINK PLACES OFFERING TAKEAWAY OR DELIVERY:
• Devon Coffee – open for socially distanced takeaways Tuesday – Saturday 10am-4pm
• Cork and Tile – has opened as a Portuguese Takeaway and Delivery Service and also a Portuguese Shop Delivery Service, open Monday – Friday 5pm-9.30pm, Saturday 12pm-10pm and Sunday 12pm-9pm.
• The Arcade Exeter – telephone ordering for food and drink available. See Facebook page for details. @ExeterArcade
• The House Of Hope And Mercy in The Jungle – online ordering is available, offering a free local tea delivery service Tuesday and Friday mornings
• The Hidden Treasure Tea Room – offering afternoon tea deliveries.
• How On Earth – email email@example.com for a product/price list and to order – contactless deliveries or collection.
• Real Food Store – closed until further notice – exploring a collection/delivery option.
• Eat Your Greens – open as usual and offer meat, fruit and veg boxes for delivery
• Kid’s Hub Coffee – Online orders, message online to book
• Hartnell Fresh Foods – shop closed to customers, but phone, Facebook message or come to shop door to place order for delivery or collection
• The Flat – Deliveries only, times vary – follow online to check availability
• Ebdon’s Refreshments – open for delivery, order online.
• Pullo – open for off sales (eat in/drink in side of shop closed) – cheese, bread, loose leaf tea, coffee beans, natural wines, cider and perry and can shop online for delivery: https://www.pullo.shop/shop
• St Sidwell’s Community Centre – Wednesday & Friday homemade bread home delivery, order online
• Lloyd Maunder Exeter – offering a call & collect or delivery service, call 01392 270187
• The Grocer on the Green – offering a delivery service in and around Exeter.
• Chococo Exeter – offering free delivery when you buy online!
RETAILERS CLOSED BUT OPEN ONLINE:
• BAKE – closed but online shop still open for deliveries or safe collection
• Zero Exeter – open for click and collect, email firstname.lastname@example.org for orders – the shop is closed and only operating click and collect.
• Hyde & Seek – store closed but website still open
• Mantis – Closed but website operating as normal, however not all stock on website so customers may phone 01392 276665 or email email@example.com to order a product they have seen in the shop for postal delivery
• Roundel Clothing – offering a free local delivery service in Exeter for postcodes EX1, EX2, EX3 and EX4
• Hutch Houseplants – shop closed but offering free delivery around the Exeter and local area on plants, phone, email or message Hutch Houseplants to place your order
• Bunyip Craft – online orders available, delivery FREE in the local Exeter area.
OTHER INDIES TO SUPPORT ONLINE
• Bon Gout Delicatessen – open 8am – 8:30am for 70+ shopping
• Nationwide Building Society open 8am – 9am for 70+ customers only
ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES OPENING HOURS
• Boots Store and Boots Pharmacy: Monday – Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 11am-5pm
• Superdrug Store: Monday – Satuday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
• Superdrug Pharmacy: Monday – Thursday 8.30am-5.30pm, Friday 8.30am-6pm, Saturday 9am-5.30pm
• Tesco Metro: Monday – Saturday 7am-8pm, Sunday 10am-4pm
• Sainsbury’s (Sidwell Street): Monday – Sunday 7am-9pm
• Sainsbury’s (Guildhall Shopping Centre): Monday – Saturday 8am-7pm, Sunday 11am-5pm
• Marks & Spencer: Monday – Saturday 8.30am-5pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
• Newham Stores, Premier (South Street): Monday – Friday 6:30am-11:30pm, Saturday – Sunday 8am- 11:30pm
• Wilko: Monday – Saturday 8am-5pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
• Grape Tree: Monday – Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
• Specsavers: Monday – Friday 9am-2pm
• Vision Express: Emergency Eye Tests Only Tuesday – Saturday 10am–5pm
• Savers: Monday—Saturday 10am-5pm
• Holland & Barrett: Monday—Saturday 9am-4pm
• Iceland: Monday – Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10.30am–4.30pm
• Poundland: Monday—Saturday 8am-5.30pm, Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm
BANKS AND BUILDING SOCIETIES
• TSB: Monday – Friday 10am–4pm Closed between 12.30pm–1.30pm for lunch week days. Closed at weekends.
• Nationwide: Monday – Friday 10am–2pm Saturday 9am–12pm and closed on Sunday
• HSBC: Monday – Friday 10am-2pm
• Barclays: Monday – Saturday 9.30am–3pm, except Wednesday 10am-3pm
• Lloyds: Monday—Friday 10am-2pm
• Santander: Monday—Friday 10am-2pm
• Natwest: Monday—Friday 10am-1pm
• Co-op Bank: Monday—Friday 9.30pm-3.30pm
• Yorkshire Building Society: Monday—Friday 9.30am-2.30pm
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday all supermarkets will dedicate 8am-9am to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and their carers.
NHS and social care workers will be able to shop in the supermarkets for half an hour before they open, from Monday to Saturday. Anyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 7.30am-8.30am on these days.
SHOW ONLINE SUPPORT TO BUSINESSES CURRENTLY CLOSED
• RAMM – follow on social media and sign up to their free membership to hear more about their plans over the next few weeks
• Exeter Library – check out the digital side of the library!
• Exeter Phoenix – follow on social media to keep in touch – perhaps take part in their quiz
• Exeter Visitor Information Centre – but why not visit Exeter virtually?
• Exeter Northcott – follow on social media for some special performances
• Odeon Cinema
• Vue Cinema
• The Hidden Treasure Tea Room
• Exeter Cathedral – Services are being broadcasted live,.
• Devon & Exeter Institution – it maybe closed but have a look inside, online.
• The Oddfellows
• Eat The Bird
• Red Panda