acet UK’s comprehensive 4 day Esteem relationships and sex education (RSE) training course equips participants to deliver relationships and sex education to young people, and can be completed with or without accreditation. This course has been updated specifically for educators to provide up-to-date RSE in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships, sex and health education and the Children and Social Work Act 2017. Working with the Open College Network, acet UK can provide trainees on the 4 day course with the opportunity to achieve an accredited level 4 award, ‘Teaching relationships and sex education’.
The standard £250 training fee includes each participant’s first year membership of the Esteem network, licensing them to use the core Esteem materials, including lesson plans, activities and other teaching resources. The accreditation certificate costs just an extra £50 per person: to access the accreditation element, please select the £300 training fee option when booking on to the course.
The course will allow you to:
– Have an opportunity to gain a university level accreditation in ‘teaching relationships and sex education’
– Support young people in building self-esteem
– Support young people in developing healthy relationships
– Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues
– Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex (including porn)
– Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
– Plan and deliver effective, fun and interactive sessions with young people
– Apply best practice and recommended government policy guidelines
The training days will be held on the following dates:
Thursday 28th November 2019 (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Friday 29th November 2019 (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Thursday 5th December 2019 (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Friday 6th December 2019 (9.30am – 4.30pm)