HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS DINNER
ONE DAY COURSE (9.30am – 4.30pm)
Only £145.00 per person
The delights of a traditional Christmas
Ah, Christmas dinner: roast turkey, stuffing, sprouts, Yorkshire pudding, bread sauce, all the trimmings… these are the things that make Christmas the biggest culinary event of the year.
We’ll take those favourites and show you how you can do most of the donkey work days, if not weeks, in advance.
Let us take the stress and strain out of what should be a fun and relaxing day by imparting loads of cheffy tips and tricks.
A warm welcome and a chat from our chef
So, on your How to cook the perfect Christmas Dinner Cookery Class, you’ll arrive at our school (all decked out with the tree and fairy lights) to be met with a warm Yuletide welcome that includes a hot drink and spiced biscuits. Our chef will then give you your recipe packs and you can chat with him about what’s in store.
- Turkey and all the trimmings
- Turkey: we’ll cook up a traditional bird, with top tips for how to ensure the breast meat does not dry out and the legs and wings are cooked to perfection.
- Veg: we have some great recipes and tips to prepare and cook the traditional Christmas veg – sprouts, parsnips and roast potatoes.
- Trimmings: stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy – all done days ahead.
- Roasting turkey breast on the crown
- Braising turkey legs in advance leaving them fall-off-the-bone tender
- Cook ahead techniques for veg
- Cooking all the trimmings in advance
- Timing the big day
- Enjoying the big day!
These are examples of the kind of dishes you could be making:
- Roast turkey
- Cranberry and Bread Sauces