This year’s series opens with a recital by the former Royal Harpist to HRH Prince Charles, reviving this ancient tradition of a royal harpist that had last been held in 1873. Since her first solo recording of Bach’s Goldberg Variations for Deutsche Grammophon, she has recorded with artists including Bryn Terfel, James Galway and Julian Lloyd Webber. Catrin has appeared as a soloist with many of the world’s top orchestras including the New York Philharmonic, the Boston Pops, the Philharmonia, the Academy of St Martin-in- the-Fields and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Bach: Prelude fromViolin Partita No. 3.
- Debussy: La Fille aux cheveux de Lin.
- Salzedo: Variations on an ancient theme.
- Alvars: Introduction, Cadenza and Rondo.
- Rota: Sarabande and Toccata.
- Trad Welsh: Airs.
- Piazzola: Libertango.
- Godefroid: Carnaval de Venice