#FinditinExeter with Hops and Crafts

Located in Exeter’s West Quarter, Hops and Crafts is a quaint independent craft beer bottle shop tucked away in McCoy’s Arcade, with a larger than life ambition to expand the city’s beer scene by offering the best selection of craft beer possible.

For this week’s #FinditinExeter we caught up with Chris, Hops and Crafts’ owner, to chat all things beer.

Hops and Crafts opened in 2015 when Chris, a former resident of Colorado, decided there was a gap in the market for our Devon city to be more adventurous with its beer buying scene. Having been spoilt for choice with beer in the US, he decided to turn his passion into a career and transitioned from stay-at-home Dad to the owner of a fantastic bottle shop in the heart of Exeter.

Chris fills his fridges with specialist beers that you won’t find on supermarket shelves, with 80% of Hops and Crafts’ stock coming from UK micro-breweries and the remaining 20% from overseas. Ranging from mouth-puckering sours to palate-smacking IPAs and even a few craft lagers, there really is something here for any beer lover. With new beers arriving weekly, Cornish-brewery Verdant remains the most popular choice among Hops and Crafts’ customers– it literally is liquid gold.

Don’t believe it? Go and try for yourself.

What makes Hops and Crafts so special is that Chris will act as your private concierge, guiding you through the beer buying bonanza with his extensive knowledge of all the beers stocked on his shelves. With Chris’s expertise constantly on hand, there’s no need to feel intimidated by a foreign, albeit amazingly aesthetic, looking can. Chris recommends beginning your craft beer journey with a stout due to their sweet nature, and then you can delve into the world of pale ales and IPA’s.

Continuing the beer celebration, keep your eyes peeled for more information about Exeter Beer Weekend which will be returning to the city on the second May bank holiday weekend. Hops and Crafts will be joining up with a number of other hop-mad destinations in Exeter to reinforce the city’s beer scene.

Hops and Crafts is open Monday – Saturday, 10am – 5.30pm.

Sign Up

Social Exeter