A new campaign to support Exeter’s retailers and businesses in the wake of the coronavirus lockdown launches today. InExeter will be running the ‘Summer of Kindness’ campaign online and in stores across the city. Shops, food and drink outlets and other businesses will take part with special offers for customers, recommendations and competitions.
Emily Gibbon, interim InExeter manager said: “There is no doubt that independent shops and businesses have been among some of the hardest hit by the conronavirus crisis. Our focus during lockdown has been on promoting online offerings. As lockdown eases and we move into summer, we want to encourage everyone to spend locally wherever possible and support the businesses that give our city so much colour and character.”
The Summer of Kindness campaign will see postcards distributed throughout shops and participating businesses where retailers can provide both offers to customers or recommendations for other local businesses. The campaign will also run across InExeter’s social media channels.
Current Summer of Kindness special offers:
- Chococo Exeter are exclusively offering for this Summer ”Buy one Gelato and get another one half price”.
Plus – when you spend £30+ you get a free new recycled Chococo branded canvas shopping bag (retail price £5)
These offers are from 25th July to 31st August, whilst stock lasts
- South Gate Gallery are offering 5% off all artwork sales through out August. Their collection holds some great artwork by local artists.
- Bunyip Craft are offering anyone who makes any purchase from now until the end of July the opportunity to get a free Bunyip Bead Box if you spend over £10 in August!!
- BAKE. will be giving out 10% discount vouchers with every purchase, to use in August.
Also one lucky customer will win a £20 gift card for BAKE, you have to be 35th sale of the week!
Offer valid from Saturday 11th July to Friday 17th July.
- The Belt Makers have Free Prize Draw as part of the Summer of Kindness. One lucky winner at the end of Friday 17th July will win a hand made, bespoke belt to the value of £89!
To enter you must visit us in store by 5pm on Friday 17th July.
- Coffery & Co. are giving 5% discount to every customer on any purchase at their coffee bar when they show a receipt of a same day purchase from any of the participating #SummerofKindness businesses.South Gate Gallery
TBM The Belt Makers
The Black Pearl Exeter
Frocks in Swing Time
Roly’s Fudge Exeter
Arthurs at Guildhall Shopping
Courtyard coffee and Gelato at Guildhall Shopping
the boarding house
Absurd Bird Exeter
The Body Shop
Mirror Hair Design
Mantis Gandy Street
BAKE.This offer will be valid from Tuesday 7/07 until Sunday 12/07. It is only valid on the same day. It excludes any other offers.