With John Lewis Exeter due to open on Monday 13 July at 10am, InExeter paid store managers Seb and Tom a visit to find out what’s new.
- Of course, social distancing measures and signage has been put in place. All customers must use the main entrance to enter the store, where they will be greeted by members of the team who will explain the new measures in place. All John Lewis partners have undertaken training to enable them to serve customers safely. Customers collecting goods will be able to leave the store though the rear doors to access the car park.
- While the café won’t be open for the time being, the toilets and the parents’ room are. There is an increased cleaning programme in these facilities and across the store itself.
- All of your favourite services will be available – via Zoom. You can book sessions via the website with the nursery advisory, home design and personal styling services appointments available. The tech support service will remain in store, but has moved to the fourth floor for any customers requiring technical support
- The store continues to work with local independent stores, offering them display space and now room in the café area to run workshops. Look out for more info on collaborations with the Recycled Candle Company and the InExeter independents group.
- And finally, there are loads of bargains on offer. With major discounts across the store, many brands including Ted Baker, Ralph Lauren (men’s) and Barbour are offering 70% off some really lovely items.
John Lewis opens on Monday 13 July at 10am. The new opening hours for the store are Monday to Saturday, 10am-6pm and Sunday, 11am-5pm.